Description : Job title: Housing Administrative Service Officer
Any location within the District- touchdown facilities will be available in Grantham and Bourne
Service/team: Housing Services Team
Salary: SK5, £17,535 per annum Pro Rata. Hours 10am to 3pm Monday to Thursday Working hours will be 20 per week. Week by week arrangements will be in accordance with business requirements and by agreement with your line manager, subject to your right not to work more than 48 hours per week unless by agreement. Contract type: Temporary Work Style: OFFICE BASED “HOT DESK WORKER”
1 Job context and purpose
To provide a high quality customer focussed administrative business service to the Housing Management - (inc Estate Management and Lettings), Housing, Housing Service Improvements, Housing Strategy and Needs - (inc Private Sector Housing, Allocations, Homelessness and Housing Solutions Services). Dealing on a daily basis with officers, members of the public, tenants, and outside agencies as required to support the effective delivery of these specific service areas, while being part of the wider Housing Business Unit this may also involve call handling on behalf of the teams.
2 Main duties
• Processing of correspondence • Compiling reports as required • Maintaining and updating records, including inputting data and information as required • Maintaining and updating spreadsheets and databases • Opening and recording of incoming mail and associated correspondence including emails • Requesting and collation of documentary evidence e.g. ID, payslips and other proofs of income etc in support of Rent Deposit Scheme applications • Producing standard and non-standard letters which support a range of activities across the Business Unit • Opening and recording of incoming mail, invoices and associated correspondence including e-mails • Attending meetings and taking notes or minutes • General administrative duties including filing, photocopying and sending emails. • Scanning and filing documents as required • Receive incoming telephone calls and direct calls to appropriate member of staff • To assist with the provision of information for monthly reports on performance and analysis of types of complaints • To assist with the management of garages, processing utility bills, • Deal with inquiries from tenants, customers and agencies as required • Make appointments for colleagues • Support the assessment, completion and processing of paperwork for the wider Housing Service • To assist with compiling information in order to respond to enquiries • To ensure customers have access to translation services if required and that information is available in a range of languages. Also that document enhancement is available for the visually impaired • Support Senior Housing Operations Officers (Sheltered Housing and Housing Business Services) and the acting Lead Housing Administrative Officer • Carry out general office administration duties as required ensuring the effective running of the service
Corporate Responsibilities • To work with diverse communities and people to support their access for involvement and to services • To promote equality of opportunity. • To be clear about performance targets and actively contribute to their achievement. • To take responsibility for own personal development. • Embrace and promote the Council’s priorities. • Adopt the values and behaviours of the behavioural framework • Demonstrate commitment and support for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
Purchasing / Procurement Manager Job Ref : J4103 Location : Coningsby Job Type : Permanent - Full Time Contact: Lee Dickings
Description : My client is one of the leaders in their field within the UK. Based between Boston and Lincoln they are looking to expand their team by recruiting a Procurement Manager.
As a Procurement Manager, you will need strong interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate as you try to achieve the best price from suppliers. You will also need the ability to manage the financial aspects of the role and understand budget management processes.
The role will include aspects of forecasting future business activity: therefore post holders will require a thorough commercial understanding and the ability to plan and forecast demand. Having responsibility for Stores and Purchasing Administrator, you will need skills in management, delegation and motivational techniques.
The Procurement manager is responsible for ensuring that the business has a very clear strategy when purchasing goods and services. The Procurement Manager may set policies for purchasing that take into account budgets, stock requirements.
To purchase all services or goods, as required for the business. Ensure that quality products are obtained at competitive prices and within the required timescale.
•Liaise with key company employees to determine their products and service needs. •Monitor business trends and product availability and obtain the best price for goods and services, without sacrificing quality or delivery times. •Nurture relationships with suppliers to negotiate the best price and terms for the business. •Research new products and services to meet the company’s goals. •Develop and implement strategies for procuring, storing and distributing goods or services and maintain stock levels. •To design and implement robust strategies and procedures to deliver excellent supply chain management, that achieve cost reduction strategies in the business. •Maintain REACH and COSHH data sheets, ensuring compliance. •Oversee the stores team. •Reports to the Manufacturing Manager. •Liaise with the Quality Department to ensure suppliers are providing the relevant CofC documentation. •Ability to build strong relationships – internally and externally. •Accuracy. •Excellent Microsoft skills.
Technical Manager Job Ref : J4105 Location : Spalding, Lincs Job Type : Permanent - Part Time Contact: Lee Dickings
Description : Our client, based in Spalding is looking to recruit a Technical Manager to work on a part time basis (hours negotiable) provide technical responsibility their FMCG produce.
Manage BRC compliance. Assist with the creation of customer and supplier reviews. Leading customer and site audits - UK and overseas. Specification management. Due diligence compliance.
You will currently be working as a Technical Manager within fresh produce, and ideally have experience of top fruit. You will have previous experience of managing customers and suppliers. Conduct supplier audits Good understanding of BRC, HACCP, RED Tractor, Field to Fork etc. Flexible approach to work
Description : Our client seeks an Assistant to the Cost Accountant on a full time basis within the Spalding area.
We are looking for someone with good excel skills for data manipulation including Pivot tables, lookups etc. Attention to detail The ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritise to achieve deadlines Problem solving skills Communication skills Commercial awareness
Day to day duties will be as follows:- Calculation and analysis of market and waste Analysis of production/sales quantities Preparation and analysis of the cost of production Reviewing process and product line costs Labour cost and efficiency, analysing performance and variances against previous days and other measures/targets.
Reviewing production jobs (ERP) to ensure correct cost recovery Processing costing Analysing costs associated with different production processes Maintenance of the ERP system charging cubes Assist with preparation of pack house cost estimates for new products/processes and subsequent post production reviews.
Controls & Reporting Market and waste reporting and analysis such as by supplier, for customer, weekly and cumulatively and graphically Assisting with preparation of weekly trading summary for the different areas Investigation and explanation of week on week budget and prior year variances Assisting with preparation of weekly statistics and further analysis of Turnover/ Profitability by desk Customer profitability comparison reports Supplier profitability comparison reports
You will also get involved with variance analysis - investigation and explanation compared to previous period, budget & prior year.
Adhoc analysis, data collection and reporting such as packaging waste obligation.
Receptionist Administrator Job Ref : J4130 Location : Spalding, Lincs Job Type : Permanent - Full Time Contact: Lee Dickings
Description : A Receptionist/Administrator is required on a permanent basis at a fresh produce/food manufacturing company based near Spalding.
Someone with a background in fresh produce or food manufacturing would be ideally suited for the role.
Duties will involve:-
Reception Answering incoming calls, talking to international clients and growers , booking couriers, organising samples.
Welcoming on-site visitors - arranging lunches, teas and coffees. Booking rooms for meetings and taxis to and from airports, ordering PPE and stationery. Giving PPE to visitors and asking them to complete H&S Questionnaires. Booking engineers in to work in the warehouse.
Stock Controller/Administrator Job Ref : J4127 Location : Boston, Lincs Job Type : Permanent - Full Time Contact: Lee Dickings
Description : £8.40 per hour
Our client is looking to recruit a Stock Controller/Supervisor to work at their packing site on the outskirts of Boston.
Working 5 days out of 7, with your rota decided before at interview stage. Your main role is to assist in the smooth running of the production & ripening teams by timely movement of stock to and from lines and to and from the stores based on allocations.
Duties include: •To ensure safe usage of POEP trucks •To ensure the lines remain supplied with product in a timely manner •To place finished product in the correct allocated location •Ensure hygiene standards across the site are met •To follow stock allocation information •Have some stock management knowledge and skill •Daily checking of forklifts and barrows to ensure good working condition •The ability to train and develop team members •Adhere to Health and Safety always
Core Competences: •Team skills – It will be necessary to work with and communicate with other members of staff, respect their abilities, helping and assisting where appropriate, to ensure the smooth running of the company •Have a ‘Hands On’ approach to helping maintain efficiencies •Ability to follow instructions •Ability to work on own initiative •Possess good organisational skills •Be flexible to learn new skills •Ability to work under pressure •Knowledge of Basic Food Hygiene •Excellent computer skills •Adhere to Health & Safety at ALL times •Maintaining a clean and hygienic environment, adopting a “CLEAN AS YOU GO” ATTITUDE
General: •To obey Company Rules & Regulations, based on statements of employment and any other communications from the Company management •To be aware of Health and Safety requirements and to avoid any actions or omissions which could create an un-healthy or unsafe environment for self, colleagues, customers or visitors •To strictly adhere to all company protocols in respect of use of technology and to avoid misuse of the systems •To maintain strict confidentiality in respect of all information arising from and in connection with the company •All staff must concentrate on self-improvement both technically and by quality. This will be fully supported by the company. •All staff must be aware of each other’s needs and strive to help colleagues improve their technical knowledge and quality of output. •To undertake any other duties and training in keeping with the nature of the position.
Health and Safety: •To take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions at work. •To co-operate with their employer or any other person as far as necessary to enable compliance with duties or requirements laid down in the relevant legislation. •Not to interfere or misuse any equipment provided for Health and Safety purposes. •To report unsafe acts or conditions to their line manager for remedial action. •Conduct themselves at work in accordance with any Health & Safety training they have received. •Observe all instructions, whether written or verbal, given to ensure personal safety and the safety of others. Where the instruction is recognised as unsafe, as a result of the employee’s training/competence, he/she must report this to his/her line manager. •Report any situation to their line manager that they would recognise, by way of any training received, that would create a serious or imminent risk to the Health and Safety of any person whilst at work •Conduct themselves at all times in an orderly manner in the workplace and refrain from any horseplay. •Use all safety equipment and/or protective clothing as instructed, reporting any loss or defect to their line manager. •Maintain work equipment in good condition, reporting any defects to their line manager. •Acquaint themselves with all equipment, processes, materials and substances used by them and draw attention to their line manager of any processes, materials or substances they are not trained to use. •Maintain their workplace in a tidy state, put materials away and store them correctly and undertake to co-operate in good housekeeping practice. •Report all accidents to their line manager, whether injury is sustained or not. •Attend appropriate Health and Safety training courses when requested. •Be familiar with the emergency evacuation procedure and the location of fire alarm points and emergency equipment.
Production Supervisor Job Ref : J4050 Location : Boston, Lincs Job Type : Permanent - Full Time Contact: ADMIN
Description : My client, based close to Boston, is currently looking for a Production Supervisor to join them in a permanent position. This job is working 5 in 7 but over time may be required from time to time.
Principal Accountabilities: To liaise between the Line Leaders and the Production Manager to ensure that production is carried out in the most efficient way, meeting cost objectives, quality objectives, and delivery times. To ensure the safety, legality and quality of the product at all times in conjunction with prescribed working practices
Responsibilities: • To ensure that defined operating procedures are carried out by Production and agency staff, i.e. relating to productivity, hygiene, housekeeping and discipline, and that Production staff ensure that procedures relating to agency staff are followed.
• To carry out the supervisory responsibilities as laid out by the Production Manager.
• To constantly assess the individual Production lines and report back their performance whilst identifying any circumstances that affect this. Continually monitor staff on lines, redeploying them as necessary to obtain maximum efficiency.
• Production Supervisors are required to take an active role in the motivation of Production and agency staff to ensure achievement of production and cost targets, this will, on occasion, mean working on the line alongside the staff to set a good pace of work.
• In conjunction with other Operational Supervisors conduct efficient interdepartmental communications to ensure that the customers’ specifications, deadlines, and hygiene requirements are met.
• To be able to operate such equipment as may be necessary to facilitate the printing of labels in the absence of Print Room staff.
• To ensure that production meets with budgeted cost objectives.
Description : Our client based near Boston is looking to recruit an experienced QC to work within their FMCG packhouse. You must have previous experience in the fresh produce industry.
To ensure all records and shelf life are up to date. To maintain quality per customer specification. To check scales on line daily. To prepare samples for customers and any other duties the Quality Assurance Manager may request.
To check all packaging and products on each line at the start of production, in accordance with the Company's quality control policy. Any abnormalities should be reported immediately to the Line Leader.
To check the label, to ensure that it is correct for the customer concerned. It's colour, sell-by date, clarity of information, country of origin, weight marking, bar code, supplier code, etc must all be correct, with the barcode clear and able to be scanned.
Ensure all of the company’s policies and procedures are maintained and enforced, including, but not exclusively, those relating to computing, food safety and quality, health and safety (including reporting accidents and incidents), fire, hygiene, protective clothing, employment of disabled people, discrimination, ethical trading, site security, data protection, smoking, allergens, environmental, carbon reduction and personal medicines.
To ensure that all quality control weighing equipment is checked in accordance with the weighing check procedure and entered accordingly in the weighing equipment check record.
To ensure that all QC equipment is maintained and used in the correct manner, and returned to the appropriate storage point at the close of shift.
Line leaders Job Ref : J4051 Location : Boston, Lincs Job Type : Permanent - Full Time Contact: ADMIN
Description : £8.40 per hour
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Line Leader to work for our client, a FMCG based close to Boston.
The ideal candidate must have previous experience of leading a team for at least 6 months, have strong communication skills and previous experience of working in food manufacturing.
The duties for the role are as follows:
• Ensure all KPI's are met • Training new staff • Work to strict deadlines • Strong supervisory skills
Description : Our client is a large and expanding business with exciting expansion plans in South Lincolnshire. As a result of these plans they are looking to expand their maintenance team and develop a new state of the art facility in the Spalding area. These roles report to the maintenance Co-ordinator and this is a multi-disciplined role so electrical qualifications would be a distinct advantage. The role is day based but there will be a need to be on a call out rota, to attend any critical issues, the rota is shared between the whole team.
• The Maintenance Fitter is a key member of the maintenance organisation in sustaining and the continuing development of all production and support processes • Will have a key role in daily production operations, implementing reactive, preventative and process development maintenance tasks. • Candidates should be familiar with mechanical systems, low-voltage controls, pneumatic and hydraulic systems, and any knowledge of horticultural operations would be an advantage. • The successful candidate must possess good interpersonal and team skills, candidates must be capable of effectively identifying and proactively resolving technical issues by direct intervention and correction. Also have the ability to think analytically and innovate to achieve goals. • Possess leadership qualities, initiative, drive, motivation and a capacity and willingness to learn about new systems and technologies. • Identify continuous improvement initiatives.
As a Maintenance fitter, your daily duties will include:
• Day to day reactive maintenance to ensure the smooth running of production • PPM schedules • HSE improvement idea implementation • Projects both short and long term • Managing on site sub-contractors. • Fabrication work – welding experiences an advantage.
To be a successful Maintenance fitter, you will have the following skills and experiences:
• 18th Edition ideally • Previous experience of Mig welding. • Experience in the food manufacturing, fresh produce, horticultural, or general manufacturing industry would be beneficial but is not essential.